After over a decade of serving the Carleton community, CUSA has made the difficult decision to wind down the book operations at Haven. Haven Books (as it was formerly known) has been a pillar in the community since 2008, providing an affordable and sustainable option to students by offering ‘textbooks for less’ and a consignment program.
Notices to our customers:
- All other areas of operation of Haven, including store hours, will remain the same. All current student employees will remain employed at Haven to support the other areas of business.
- We will begin liquidating inventory immediately by selling the current stock of new and used books.
- As of Tuesday, November 7, 2023, we will no longer accept books for consignment. We will be providing notice directly to all of our current consignor accounts by the end of November 2023. The pick-up deadline for consigned books is February 29, 2024. Consignor accounts remain open until April 30, 2024.
- Professors and other partners are being contacted immediately to move winter term book orders to other sales locations.
- We are working through a wind-down plan to see the book operations fully come to a close as of April 30, 2024.